- Asteroid Visiting Earth’s Neighborhood Brings its Own Face Mask 23 Apr, 2020
- REU Students’ Research & Presentations01 Apr, 2020
- Transforming the Arecibo Observatory into a Classroom31 Mar, 2020
- Arecibo Observatory re-enters VLBI network with 21st-century backend31 Mar, 2020
- JWST Workshop 31 Mar, 2020
- Management Update (COVID-19, Eartquakes, Transmitters)27 Mar, 2020
- NANOGrav Meeting Hosted at UCF27 Mar, 2020
- AO Colloquium: Dr. Michael Denton 27 Mar, 2020
- AO Colloquium: Dr. Alain Herique27 Mar, 2020
- REU Student Mishaal Jan Publishes Summer Research Study about Massive Star Forming Region26 Mar, 2020
- AO helps detect Magnetar in the Cow26 Mar, 2020
- Pulsar Astronomy and Physics at the Arecibo Observatory with Dr. Joanna Rankin26 Mar, 2020
- AO Science at AAS, AOGS26 Mar, 2020
- GBO/AO Single Dish and Observer Training Workshops (May 11-20, 2020)05 Feb, 2020
- Arecibo Observatory update after recent earthquakes09 Jan, 2020
- The Arecibo Observatory Congratulates Dr. Martha P. Haynes, Recipient of 2019 Bruce Gold Medal11 Dec, 2019
Byadmin04 June 2019 Astronomy
We are pleased to announce that this year the Arecibo and Green Bank Observatories are organizing the 2019 GBO/AO single dish and observer training workshop which will be held August 19-29th at the Green Bank Observatory, WV. The goal of the workshop is to provide participants with an in-depth knowledge on the fundamentals of single-dish radio astronomy, interferometry, instrumentation and associated techniques.
The workshop includes a series of lectures followed by Arecibo and GBO observer training sessions. The hands-on sessions will include observation preparation and data reduction covering pulsar, spectral lines, and radar observations. This year we are introducing a hands-on experience with bistatic radar observations using the world's most powerful transmitter at Arecibo, with the GBT recording the returned signal.
This will be a great opportunity for graduate students and first time users to learn how to operate two of the world's largest radio telescopes. Please pass on the information to anyone interested.
The registration page for the workshop can be found at https://greenbankobservatory.org/event-details/?ee=960
AO Media Contact
Keywords: UCF, AO, Arecibo, Radio, Telescope, Green, Bank, Observatory