- Arecibo Observatory Open House at the 235th AAS meeting28 Oct, 2019
- UCF to Enhance Arecibo Observatory’s Computing Power Using Microsoft Azure17 Oct, 2019
- Arecibo Observatory Gets $19 Million NASA Grant to Help Protect Earth from Asteroids29 Sep, 2019
- National Science Foundation Awards Arecibo Observatory $12.3 Million Grant29 Sep, 2019
- El Observatorio de Arecibo celebra el regreso a clases con nuevas exhibiciones 30 Aug, 2019
- Asteroid Arrives Early for Puerto Rico’s Asteroid Day Celebrations28 Jun, 2019
- Our Telescope Operations Manager was recently awarded with the Yasme Excellence Award.19 Jun, 2019
- GBO/AO Single Dish and Observer Training Workshops04 Jun, 2019
- Alex Wolszczan discusses Arecibo’s potential in the field of exoplanets14 Mar, 2019
- Observ-a-thon reveals comet nucleus, holiday asteroid, and more!28 Dec, 2018
- New Arecibo Message 16 Nov, 2018
- El Observatorio de Arecibo celebra el regreso a clases con nuevas exhibiciones 20 Aug, 2018
- Arecibo Observatory to Get $5.8 Million Upgrade to Expand View17 Aug, 2018
- 2018 REU&T Recap 15 Aug, 2018
- Arecibo Call for Proposals06 Aug, 2018
- Arecibo Observatory Helps Test Einstein’s Theory of Relativity for Heavy Objects13 Jul, 2018
Byadmin04 June 2019 Astronomy
We are pleased to announce that this year the Arecibo and Green Bank Observatories are organizing the 2019 GBO/AO single dish and observer training workshop which will be held August 19-29th at the Green Bank Observatory, WV. The goal of the workshop is to provide participants with an in-depth knowledge on the fundamentals of single-dish radio astronomy, interferometry, instrumentation and associated techniques.
The workshop includes a series of lectures followed by Arecibo and GBO observer training sessions. The hands-on sessions will include observation preparation and data reduction covering pulsar, spectral lines, and radar observations. This year we are introducing a hands-on experience with bistatic radar observations using the world's most powerful transmitter at Arecibo, with the GBT recording the returned signal.
This will be a great opportunity for graduate students and first time users to learn how to operate two of the world's largest radio telescopes. Please pass on the information to anyone interested.
The registration page for the workshop can be found at https://greenbankobservatory.org/event-details/?ee=960
AO Media Contact
Keywords: UCF, AO, Arecibo, Radio, Telescope, Green, Bank, Observatory